Black Bear & Grizzly Bear Hunts
Black bears are North America's most familiar and common bears. Despite their name, black bears can be blue-gray or blue-black, brown, cinnamon, or even, very rarely, white. Solitary animals, black bears roam large territories, though they do not protect them from other bears.
The Grizzly Bear is a North American subspecies of the Brown Bear. These awe-inspiring giants tend to be solitary animals Grizzlies are typically brown, though their fur can appear to be white-tipped, or grizzled, lending them their traditional name.
Grizzlies are hunted only in the spring around mid May. "Spot & Stalk" methods are used for both Grizzly Bears and Black Bears. Interior mountain Grizzly Bears and Black Bears are well known for their colour variations. We have a healthy population of both bears, but a limited number of tags for Grizzlies.
Let Bugle Basin Outfitters, BC Big Game Hunting Guides, take you on the adventure of a lifetime with a BC Black Bear or BC Grizzly Bear Hunt!
- Spring 10 day hunts.
- Dates vary depending on snow pack levels, generally mid May.
- Hunted out from main camp.
- "Spot and stalk" methods are used as the bears emerge from hibernation to feed on early spring vegetation.
- Interior mountain grizzlies are well known for the number of color variations.
- Mature males are generally harvested.
- We have a healthy population of these bears with a limited number of tags.
- Included with this trophy hunt is the opportunity for a Black Bear
- Success rates are high so book early
(10 day hunts)
(8 day hunts)
- We have many different color phases (blacks, browns, cinnamons, etc.)
- These can be hunted May through June and again in the fall.
- 8 day hunts with the opportunity to harvest two (2) Black Bears.
- Also using the "spot and stalk" method.
Copyright © 2007 Bugle Basin Outfitters. All rights reserved
This website has been designed and tested for display in Internet Explorer 7
, Firefox 3
, Opera 9
and Safari 3
. If you are experiencing problems displaying the content of this website we recommend that you upgrade your browser. In addition to improving your overall web browsing experience, new security features in the latest browsers help to protect you against deceptive and malicious websites which can compromise your data, privacy, and identity.