Moose Hunts (includes Mule Deer)
The largest of all the deer species, Male Moose (bulls) are immediately recognizable by their huge antlers, the Moose in the Bugle Basin Territory area range anywhere from 102cm (40in) to 140cm (55in). Moose have long faces and muzzles that dangle over their chins. A flap of skin known as a bell sways beneath each moose’s throat.
Males bellow loudly to attract mates each September and October. The usually solitary bulls may come together at this time to battle with their antlers for mating supremacy. These giant animals are managed very carefully in the Kootenay Region of British Columbia, as such only a limited number of tags are offered. You have your choice of hunting September with archery or late October with a rifle.
Let Bugle Basin Outfitters, British Columbia Hunting Outfitters, take you on the adventure of a lifetime with a BC Moose Hunt!
- The archery hunt takes place during the rut so calling them into bow range can be very intense.
- Rifle season begins October 15th.
- Hunt from the main camp on various old logging areas and river bottoms.
- 40 to 55 inch mature bulls only.
- Limited number of tags.
- 100% success rate.
- Mule Deer included in this hunt.
(8 day hunts)