Mountain Goat Hunts (includes mule deer)
Mountain goats have distinctive beards and long, warm coats to protect them from cold temperatures and biting mountain winds. Their dazzling white coats provide good camouflage on the snowy heights. During the more moderate summer season goats shed this coat.
These sure-footed beasts inhabit many of North America’s most spectacular alpine environments. The Bugle Basin Outfitters territory — located in southeastern British Columbia — has some excellent Mountain Goat terrain. There is nothing quite like the experience of being on top of the world with these incredibly tough animals.They are truly one of North Americas most underated trophies. Many Mountain Goats can be glassed right from the main camp porch or choose to horseback or backpack into many of our remote basins.
“Mature Billies” are selectively harvested and can range from 23cm (9in) to 27cm (10.5in). We have a limited number of tags available with a 95% success rate, so book early.
Let Bugle Basin Outfitters, BC Hunting Outfitters, take you on the adventure of a lifetime with a BC Mountain Goat Hunt!
- This is one of many trophy species that can be hunted all day as they often bed down in visable places over looking the valley below
- Many hours out of each day are spent glassing so it is recomended to have good optics
- Mid October to November are the best times to hunt these goats allowing their full winter coats to develop for a truly beautiful trophy.
- 95% success rate!
- Remote cabins and tent spike camps are often used to really get into the back country to find these tough mountain trophies
- Mule Deer are also included with this hunt
(8 day hunts)